(A) Admission Process :
The applicants will be shortlisted based on CAT 2016 score only. Shortlisted candidates will be invited to attend the Group Discussion and Personal Interview at Chennai/ Delhi/ Hyderabad/ Kolkata/ Tiruchirapalli/ Mumbai center.
B) Eligibility :
1) A recognized university degree in any discipline
2) Candidates should have 6.5 CGPA (on a 10-point scale) or 60% for OC/OBC whereas 6.0 CGPA (on a 10-point scale) or 55% in case of SC/ST candidates in the qualifying degree. For PWD candidates, the eligibility criterion will apply to the category they belong to (OC/OBC/SC/ST).
3) The above mentioned CGPA/Percentage should be aggregate based on all semesters.
4) In case, result of qualifying degree is awaited, provisional admission is permitted to a student subject to meeting above minimum academic requirements latest by 15th September 2017.
5) The conversion of CGPA to percentage marks will be based on the University guideline where the candidate is pursuing or completed the course. Also while applying to NITT and at the time of GD/PI process the candidates are required to produce the CGPA to Percentage Conversion Certificate duly signed by the University authority or NITT will decide the conversion norms.
6) Candidates appearing for their final year degree examination are also eligible to apply for program.
7) Candidates with degrees of five year integrated course are also eligible to apply.
8) Candidates should have appeared for CAT 2016.
(C) Application Fee and Tution Fees:
1) Rs. 1550 for OC/OBC category (Excluding the bank charges)
2) Rs. 1050 for SC/ST category (Excluding the bank charges)
Rs. 2 Lacs for the entire MBA Full Time Programme payable in equal installments (4 Semesters)
(D) Instructions for online registration :
Candidates applying for the MBA Programme of DoMS, NITT need to fill the application form
through online mode only (www.nitt.edu or mbaadmission.nitt.edu)
*IMPORTANT NOTE: USE MOZILLA FIREFOX OR GOOGLE CHROME only to register online.
1. You will go to the registration page and Click 'Not registered?'option to register yourself.
2.a. You can fill the form with CAT Registration ID as your login ID. Here you have to give the same email that you used for your CAT2016.
b. Give your first name and last name along with the password that you choose.
c. Click SUBMIT and once you are registered you will get a WELCOME page and after 7 seconds you will be redirected to the login page.
3. Now you can login there using your CAT Registration ID and chosen password. After successful login you will find a saying "your payment is not confirmed". This is just because you have not entered your State Bank Collect payment details or your payment is not confirmed.
(E) Remitting the application fee
1. How to remit the application fee?
Application fee should be made only by State Bank Collect
2. How to make State Bank Collect Payment?
Go to www.onlinesbi.com --> Click State Bank Collect Tab --> Select Tamil Nadu and Educational Institutions -->NIT Trichy Institution Fee --> MBA Admission
Points to remember while making payment:
· Mention your Name and Email ID used for CAT 2016
· Mention your CAT Registration ID in Remarks.
· Take a screenshot of your completed transaction ( JPG format only)
· The screenshot is necessary for uploading while filling the online application form
3. When the payment is confirmed?
The payment will be confirmed within 3 working days
4. How to proceed after the confirmation of payment?
You can fill your online application form
5. If you have not entered your payment details wait for 7 seconds and you will be redirected to a page which will have option to enter payment details.
6. Enter your transaction ID (SBI Collect Reference Number XXXXXXXX), the date of transaction, the amount and select your category from the drop down menu. Click SUBMIT.
7. Upload the screenshot taken during transaction with file name as your CAT Registration ID (XXXXXXX.jpg)
8. Once you submit you will see a screen thanking you and asking you to wait for 3 working days to get your payment confirmed.
(F) To complete the application form:
1. Login using your CAT Registration ID and password.
2. Once you login you will find a screen asking you to update and view various fields.
3. Now fill the online application form as per the instructions given in the following url:
4. Reservation for SC/ST/PH and OBC (Non-Creamy) candidates is as per the Government of India rules.
5. Enter the date, month and year of your birth as per English Calendar and as recorded in your High School Certificate.
6. Choice of GD/PI centre (Chennai, Delhi, Hyderabad, Kolkata, Tiruchirappalli,Mumbai). Give two choices according to your priority and convenience.
7. Institute has right to cancel any centre at any time. In the event of any such change, you will be intimated through email.
8. After filling the form correctly, submit the same online. On successful submission of online registration an auto-generated print version of the Registration Form will appear. Before taking the print out, save the print version of application form using SAVE AS function in the FILE menu of the window.
9. After taking the print out, sign in the appropriate space provided for it and send the form along with the CAT Score Card and CGPA to Percentage Conversion Certificate copy. You must keep an additional copy of the application form for all future reference.
10.Short listed candidates will be called for Group Discussion and interview for final selection.
11.Candidates who apply under OBC (Non creamy Layer) quota will have to submit the non creamy
layer certificate at the time of interview.
Online Application Process Begins : 17th January 2017
Last date for filling application form : 10th February 2017
Last date for receiving hard copy of application by post: 19th February 2017
Group Discussion and Personal Interview : March 2017
Course Begins : July 2017
Send the print version of the application form along with the CAT score card to the following address:
The Dean (Academic)
National Institute of Technology,
Please mention "MBA ADMISSIONS 2017" on the top of the cover.
For any queries please contact us at: email@example.com
(All queries can be answered preferably by email)